View Mailing Online
- When GPS fails, this speck of an electronic device could step in
- ... presented a paper on the device, "Fabrication of Multi-Layer Vertically Stacked Fused Silica Microsystems" on June 18 at the 17th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuator and Microsystems Conference (Transducers '2013) in Barcelona ...
today Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- SiTime's MEMS Resonators Outperform Quartz
- SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 10, 2013) - SiTime Corporation, the fastest growing semiconductor company, today introduced TempFlat™ MEMS. Until recently, all MEMS oscillators used compensation circuitry to stabilize the output frequency over ...
yesterday Marketwire (press release) - MEMS technology
- Trapping T - Rays for Better Security Scanners
- We then used established silicon microfabrication techniques to create the micro-cavities, exploiting the conductive properties." The new structure could be added to conventional terahertz imaging devices to enhance their performance. The research was ...
today Science Daily (press release) - MEMS technology
- Kinetic energy harvesting: Everyday human activity could power the internet of ...
- When the spring moves, the mechanical energy is converted into electrical energy, usually by means of piezoelectrics or MEMS (microelectromechanical systems). If the spring moves with more force, or it bounces back and forth rapidly, more energy is ...
today ExtremeTech - MEMS technology
- Mirrorcle's MEMS mirrors come in gold or aluminum coatings
- Mirrorcle Technologies, Inc. (MTI), founded in 2005, is a California corporation that commercially provides products and services based on its proprietary optical microelectromechanical system (MEMS) technology. Since its founding, and supported by its ...
today Laser Focus world - MEMS technology
- MEMS Nixes Temperature Compensation
- SiTime is claiming a 30-times boost in stability for its micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) oscillators, which it characterizes as "flat" over the entire temperature range. TempFlat oscillators vary as little as 20 parts per million (ppm) today ...
today EE Times - MEMS technology
- NIST shows how to make a compact frequency comb in minutes
- NIST's one-minute method is simple and far less expensive than conventional microfabrication. The system for the NIST process costs about $10,000-most of that for purchase of a carbon dioxide laser used for cutting-compared to between $1 million and ...
today Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- EV GROUP SHOWCASES LATEST PHOTOVOLTAIC MANUFACTURING ...
- EV Group (EVG) is a leading supplier of equipment and process solutions for the manufacture of semiconductors, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), compound semiconductors, power devices, and nanotechnology devices. Key products include wafer ...
yesterday AltEnergyMag (press release) - MEMS business
- SEMI Standards honors industry leaders at SEMICON West 2013
- From his involvement in the Microlithography/Micropatterning Committee to his current leadership in the 3DS-IC and MEMS/NEMS Committees, Allen has been a long-standing and active participant in the SEMI Standards Program. He joined the 3DS-IC ...
yesterday ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Conventor addresses new requirements of 3D fab era
- Coventor, Inc., a supplier of virtual fabrication solutions for semiconductor devices and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), shared the SEMulator3D 2013 software platform at SEMICON West 2013. Conventor says the SEMulator3D 2013 brings ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Superstrong nanotechnology fiber rivals the best in the industry
- (Nanowerk News) In today's market for high performance fibers, used for applications such as bulletproof vests, manufacturers have only four options: Kevlar, Spectra, Dyneema, and Zylon. Made from polymers such as polyethylene, these were the strongest ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
The AVS International Symposium and Exhibition addresses cutting-edge issues associated with materials, processing, and interfaces in both the research and manufacturing communities. The weeklong Symposium fosters a multidisciplinary environment that cuts across traditional boundaries between disciplines, featuring papers from AVS technical divisions, technology groups, and focus topics on emerging technologies. The equipment exhibition is one of the largest in the world and provides an excellent opportunity to view the latest products and services offered by over 200 participating companies. More than 2,000 scientists and engineers gather from around the world to attend.