View Mailing Online
- SiTime's MEMS resonators outperform quartz
- SUNNYVALE, USA: SiTime Corp. has introduced TempFlat MEMS. Until recently, all MEMS oscillators used compensation circuitry to stabilize the output frequency over temperature. SiTime's TempFlat MEMS is a revolutionary breakthrough that eliminates ...
today CIOL - MEMS technology
- Sculpting Flow: Supercomputers Help Microfluidics Researchers Make Waves at ...
- "Most microfluidic flow is at a very low speed," said Baskar Ganapathysubramaniam, assistant professor of mechanical engineering at Iowa State and one of the lead researchers. "At that speed, the flow hugs the cylinder and there's fore-aft symmetry.
2013-07-13 Science Daily (press release) - MEMS technology
- PHOTONIC FRONTIERS: SILICON PHOTONICS: Silicon photonics evolve to ...
- Use of a single die allows standard pick-and-place assembly techniques, greatly reducing packaging costs. The design also accommodates standard microelectronic techniques that can test components during assembly, before costly packaging is finished.
today Laser Focus world - MEMS technology
- An unlikely competitor for diamond as the best thermal conductor
- Smaller, faster and more powerful microelectronic devices pose the daunting challenge of removing the heat they generate. Good thermal conductors placed in contact with such devices channel heat rapidly away from unwanted "hot spots" that decrease the ...
2013-07-12 Space Daily - MEMS technology
- When GPS fails, this speck of an electronic device could step in
- Najafi and his colleagues presented a paper on the device, "Fabrication of Multi-Layer Vertically Stacked Fused Silica Microsystems" on June 18 at the 17th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuator and Microsystems Conference ...
yesterday Nanowerk - MEMS technology
- DARPA awards $1.5m project to develop novel thin-film deposition technologies
- The contract award is under DARPA's Local Control of Materials Synthesis (LoCo) program, which is investigating non-thermal approaches for depositing thin-film coatings onto the surfaces of a variety of materials. The objective of the program is to ...
today Nanowerk - MEMS business
- Competition provides MEMS design experience for students from 13 schools
- The recently completed 2013 Sandia National Labs University MEMS Design Competition provided a focal point for MEMS education and research endeavors for more than a dozen universities in Mexico and the USA. Teams competed in two judged design ...
2013-07-12 SPIE Newsroom - MEMS business
- Potato powered biomotors are cheap as chips
- These motors, including those responsible for the movement of flagella and cilia, power movement on a micro-scale by utilising fuels present in their surrounding environment. Synthetic bubble propelled micromotors are traditionally built by coating one ...
today Chemistry World - Nanotechnology
The TSensors Summit is an event being organized as a forum for world sensor visionaries to present their views on which sensor applications and sensor types have potential to fuel sensor market growth to trillions by 2023, and why. Their visions will form a foundation for a Trillion Sensor Roadmap, which sensor experts consider instrumental in acceleration of development and commercialization of sensors supporting global changes in the coming decade, thus accelerating Abundance.