View Mailing Online
- Enhanced wireless technology for body implants and sensors
- In this context, WISERBAN aims to develop an ultra-miniature wireless microsystem comprising a 2.4GHz radio, a microprocessor for the sensor data processing, and RF MEMS devices for improved radio performance, all combined in a 4 x 4 x 1mm3 ...
today Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- Colour changing crystals indicate potential brain injury from bomb blast
- Yang's group pioneered this microfabrication of three-dimensional photonic structures using holographic lithography. “We came up the idea of using three-dimensional photonic crystals as a blast injury dosimeter because of their unique structure ...
yesterday MTBeurope - MEMS technology
- Wafer Bonding at Room Temperature
- The Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE today announced that it has joined forces with EV Group (EVG) to develop equipment and process technology to enable electrically conductive and optically transparent direct wafer bonds at room ...
today Solar Novus Today - MEMS technology
- UC Berkeley developing 180 nm printed transistors at $25 per square meter ...
- Using microfluidics on paper opens up the possibility of a lab on a chip, which could change medical diagnostics forever. That's going to generate huge amounts of data -- and you can forget about the plastic bottle for samples! * Printing sensors on ...
today Next Big Future - MEMS technology
- FEI introduces two new DualBeams for materials science
- NanoBuilder 2.0, a second-generation nanoprototyping toolset being introduced on the Helios NanoLab 660 DualBeam, simplifies and accelerates the fabrication workflow for nano- and micro-scale device prototypes. Starting with a CAD design, the ...
today R & D Magazine - MEMS technology
- The Essentials Of Hybrid Location Technologies
- These sensors usually include microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). For example, accelerometers measure acceleration based on user movement. Generally, a three-axis accelerometer measures the change in user velocity position in a variety of cases, ...
yesterday Electronic Design - MEMS technology
- MEMSCAP Ships 50 Million MEMS Devices for the Consumer Market
- MEMSCAP (Paris:MEMS) (NYSE Euronext: MEMS), the leading provider of innovative solutions based on MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) technology today announces it has shipped more than 50 million MEMS devices for the consumer market ...
today Wall Street Journal - MEMS business
- New nanoscale imaging method finds application in plasmonics
- Infrared laser light (purple) from below a sample (blue) excites ring shaped Researchers from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Maryland have shown how to make nanoscale measurements of critical properties ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology researchers break record for thinnest light-absorber
- (Nanowerk News) Stanford University scientists have created the thinnest, most efficient absorber of visible light on record. The nanosize structure, thousands of times thinner than an ordinary sheet of paper, could lower the cost and improve the ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- Nanotech roundup: cosmetic fix, micro-batteries and superbug detector
- Lithium ion micro-batteries offer a more practical energy solution for micro-scale devices such as biomedical and wireless sensors. Micro-batteries will see greater application as the trend for smaller and smaller electronic gadgetry continues ...
yesterday The Guardian - Nanotechnology
- NASA engineer achieves another milestone in emerging nanotechnology (w ...
- A NASA engineer has achieved yet another milestone in his quest to advance an emerging super-black nanotechnology that promises to make spacecraft instruments more sensitive without enlarging their size. A team led by John Hagopian, an optics ...
yesterday Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
Call for Papers for SPIE MOEMS-MEMS, part of SPIE Photonics West, on the latest optical MEMs, biomedical MEMs and sensors, microfluidics, MEMs, MOEMs, micro-optics, adaptive optics research. This conference explores how MEMS and MOEMS will enable the mass-produced miniaturized products and integrated systems of the future. SPIE Photonics West, 1 - 6 February 2014, The Moscone Center, San Francisco, California, United States. Learn more at: http://spie.org