View Mailing Online
- 'Printable' micro-machines could bring improved bionic limbs
- Microelectromechanical systems, better known as MEMS, are usually produced from silicon, but researchers at Tel Aviv University report they've developed a way to print biocompatible micro-machine components onto polymer membranes more suitable for ...
today Space Daily - MEMS technology
- Company Designs MEMS-Based Energy Harvester for Contact Lenses
- This microelectrical mechanical systems (MEMS)-based harvester will provide a consistent wireless, battery- or RF-free power for applications that can deliver medication or a wide range of information to wearers of the lens, he told us. Technology ...
today Design News - MEMS technology
- Researchers create “bendy” micro-supercapacitor | Design Eng
- ... of gold to improve the electrical conductivity. “The major challenge we had to overcome in developing this technology was to obtain really high energy density on the micro-scale, at a low cost,” Dr Chenglin Yan, leader of the research group at IFW ...
today Canadian Manufacturing - MEMS technology
- Helmet-Mounted Device Helps Identify Players Who Need to be Evaluated for ...
- Brain Sentry Impact Sensor's patent-pending sensor technology includes a micro-electromechanical, tri-axial accelerometer capable of measuring acceleration from any direction. Helmets provide varying levels of impact protection depending on the ...
yesterday San Francisco Chronicle (press release) - MEMS technology
- * polymer membranes are more suitable for implantation in the human body
- MEMS bridge the worlds of electricity and mechanics. They have a variety of applications in consumer electronics, automobiles, and medicine. MEMS sensors, like the accelerometer that orients your smartphone screen vertically or horizontally, gather ...
yesterday Next Big Future - MEMS technology
- New High Shock Tolerant ARS PRO Angular Rate Sensor From Diversified ...
- The ARS PRO is a silicon-based microelectromechanical system (MEMS) that uses a resonating gyro to discern angular rates by measuring deflections in the sensing element that occur when rotational forces are applied. Key advantages include DC ...
today San Francisco Chronicle (press release) - MEMS technology
- Giving Away Guns With High-Tech Strings Attached
- This year, Darpa's Microsystems Technology Office sought designs for a project called Vanishing Programmable Resources (aptly acronymed VAPR) that would, according to the federal solicitation, develop electronic systems “capable of physically ...
today Businessweek - MEMS technology
- Apple and Samsung top consumer & mobile MEMS buyers
- Ltd. remained the two largest buyers of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) devices for consumer and mobile applications in 2011, solidifying their command and expanding their influence over the market, according to IHS. Apple and Samsung last year ...
today evertiq.com - MEMS business
- Plug-And-Play Residential Solar In Five Years? Fraunhofer USA And Partners ...
- You type in a code, and the system searches for and connects to your utility – taking advantage of the recent revolution in smart microelectronic devices – notifying it that you now have a PV system installed. With a grant from the DOE SunShot ...
yesterday Forbes - MEMS business
- MEMS suppliers ride Apple's gravy train
- Once again demonstrating Apple Inc.'s power to ordain winners in the electronics supply chain, the top suppliers last year of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) microphones were those that provided devices for iPhones and iPads. Suppliers that had ...
yesterday evertiq.com - MEMS business
- De-risking investment in materials for 'New Electronics and Electrics'
- Previously, almost everything that has been written on this new wave of electronics and electrics has concentrated on the device itself, such as artificial muscle, supercapacitors, pseudocapacitors, micro and nano electromechanical systems MEMS and ...
today evertiq.com - MEMS business
- Common table salt could significantly reduce cost of nanotechnology fabrication
- (Nanowerk News) Chemists at Oregon State University have identified a compound that could significantly reduce the cost and potentially enable the mass commercial production of silicon nanostructures – materials that have huge potential in everything ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- Carbon Nanotubes Could Solve Problems With Silicon in Li-ion Batteries
- Researchers at North Carolina State University have not only returned to our former favorite nanomaterial, carbon nanotubes, for solving the problems of replacing graphite with silicon, but have also taken the sensible approach of making mobile devices ...
today IEEE Spectrum - Nanotechnology
- Global Graphene Technology Market Forecast to Grow at 55.54% CAGR till 2023
- The device market divided into eight major segments; Transistors (FETs & others), Capacitors, Sensors (NEMS & so on) ICs & Chips, Electrodes, Lenses, Spintronics and Pseudo Spintronics. The product market is divided into seven major segments; ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotech business
Call for Papers. Participate at the premier conference for the lithography community. Contribute your latest work in the areas of advanced etch technology for nanopatterning, EUV lithography, microlithography, resist materials, process technologies, and more. For the past 38 years, SPIE Advanced Lithography Symposium has played a key role in bringing the lithography community together to solve challenges required by the semiconductor industry. Abstracts are due September 2013.
- Enabling Nanofabrication for Rapid Innovation
- 2013-08-18 - 2013-08-21
- Shaping the Future of MEMS & Sensors
Santa Clara, CA
- Automotive Sensors & Electronics Expo 2013
- Trillion Sensors Summit
- 2013-10-23 - 2013-10-25
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!
- 2013 3D ASIP
- 2013-12-11 - 2013-12-13
3D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging
- The 27th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2014-01-26 - 2014-01-30
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA