View Mailing Online
- New Electron Beam Writer Enables Next-Gen Biomedical and Information ...
- The e-beam writer, used for nano and micro-fabrication is a new addition to the Qualcomm Institute's Nano3 facility, which provides a synergistic environment for fundamental research and development efforts at the nanoscale with a focus on nanoscience, ...
today Science Daily (press release) - MEMS technology
- News & Analysis Piezo-Phototronic LEDs May Help Robots Feel
- ... his team has since produced prototypes that could act as artificial skin for robots to give them human-like touch sensitivity, for inkless fingerprint scanners, for biological imaging, and to enhance the performance of micro-electro-mechanical ...
today EE Times - MEMS technology
- The Display Industry is Changing – What's Next for Oxide Semiconductors?
- It is also ideal in offering 3D, CMOS capability and high on-board processing power. It however falls short on increasing display size and increasing flexibility. Organic thin film transistors are strong on flexibility, but fail on other parameters ...
today Azom.com - MEMS technology
- Social robots see smell
- His idea is to integrate various microelectronic sensors that can interface with living cells. For example, a bacterial cell programmed to bind odorants in the environment may elicit a conformational change; that change may translate to an influx of ...
today Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- MEMS to replace the quartz oscillator?
- Meanwhile, the industry was beginning to look at MEMS technology as a potential replacement for quartz, with companies such as Discera, SiTime and Epson undertaking some of the early work. Also making inroads into the technology was IDT with its ...
today New Electronics - MEMS technology
- Nanosensor turns pressure into light
- Beyond collecting signatures and fingerprints, the technique could also be used in biological imaging and micro-electromechanical (MEMS) systems. Ultimately, it could provide a new approach for human-machine interfaces. “You can write with your pen and ...
today ScienceBlog.com (blog) - MEMS technology
- Organs-on-chips evaluate therapies for lethal radiation exposure
- Combining microfabrication techniques with modern tissue engineering, lung-on-a-chip offers a new in vitro approach to drug screening by mimicking the complicated mechanical and biochemical behaviors of a human lung. This extended version of the video ...
yesterday Harvard Gazette - MEMS technology
- Bio-Compatible MEMS and Our Bionic Future
- MEMS, cyborg, human, components, electronics, medicine, 3d printing, tel Artificial human enhancement has been a staple of science fiction for decades. Recent developments at Tel Aviv American University (TAU) point to a future where MEMS might enable ...
yesterday ENGINEERING.com - MEMS technology
- Sono-Tek expands in-house laboratory testing facilities
- ... to gauge process variables by providing immediate on-site analysis of coatings requiring very precise deposition characteristics, such as photoresist onto MEMs, fuel cell coatings, medical implantable device coatings and other nanomaterial coatings.
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Reconfigurable Plasmofluidic Lens Control SPP-Modulated Nanoscale Light ...
- A nanoscale light beam modulated by short electromagnetic waves, known as surface plasmon polaritons – labelled as SPP beam -- enters the bubble lens, officially known as a reconfigurable plasmofluidic lens. The bubble controls the light waves, while ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- A*STAR's IME collaborates with Stanford University
- A*STAR's Institute of Microelectronics (IME) and Stanford University will collaborate to advance innovations in nano-electromechanical systems (NEMS) switch technology for ultra low power digital systems. The use of NEMS switches in digital systems ...
yesterday evertiq.com - Nanotech business
The AVS International Symposium and Exhibition addresses cutting-edge issues associated with materials, processing, and interfaces in both the research and manufacturing communities. The weeklong Symposium fosters a multidisciplinary environment that cuts across traditional boundaries between disciplines, featuring papers from AVS technical divisions, technology groups, and focus topics on emerging technologies. The equipment exhibition is one of the largest in the world and provides an excellent opportunity to view the latest products and services offered by over 200 participating companies. More than 2,000 scientists and engineers gather from around the world to attend.
- Enabling Nanofabrication for Rapid Innovation
- 2013-08-18 - 2013-08-21
- Shaping the Future of MEMS & Sensors
Santa Clara, CA
- MEMS Industry Group Workshop: MEMS and Sensors
University of Berkeley, CA
Enablers for the Internet of Things
- Automotive Sensors & Electronics Expo 2013
- Trillion Sensors Summit
- 2013-10-23 - 2013-10-25
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!
- 2013 3D ASIP
- 2013-12-11 - 2013-12-13
3D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging
- The 27th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2014-01-26 - 2014-01-30
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA