View Mailing Online
- Piezo-Phototronic LEDs May Help Robots Feel
- ... his team has since produced prototypes that could act as artificial skin for robots to give them human-like touch sensitivity, for inkless fingerprint scanners, for biological imaging, and to enhance the performance of micro-electro-mechanical ...
yesterday EE Times - MEMS technology
- MEMS Nixes Quantum Light Fluctuations
- Micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) resonators were recently harnessed to cancel the tiniest quantum fluctuations in laser light. This could enable a new generation of ultra-precise measurement instruments. Created in the lab of California Institute ...
today EE Times - MEMS technology
- Sapphire-to-Sapphire Welding Process Developed by Primoceler
- Primoceler, a microfabrication company specializing in laser micro welding and scribing of transparent materials, has developed the first sapphire-to-sapphire welding process. Primoceler Develops World's First Sapphire-to-Sapphire Welding Machine.
today Azom.com - MEMS technology
- Advancing resistive memory to improve portable electronics
- A team at the University of California, Riverside Bourns College of Engineering has developed a novel way to build what many see as the next generation memory storage devices for portable electronic devices including smart phones, tablets, laptops and digital cameras
today - MEMS technology
- New electron beam writer enables next-gen biomedical and information ...
- The e-beam writer, used for nano and micro-fabrication is a new addition to the Qualcomm Institute's Nano3 facility, which provides a synergistic environment for fundamental research and development efforts at the nanoscale with a focus on nanoscience, ...
yesterday Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- Solid-state lasers
- This two-stage approach is ideal for servicing diverse micromachining applications, since it provides the best balance of cost and power considerations. Specifically, the oscillator ensures a superior TEM00 circular beam with M² <1.2, and the ...
today Industrial Laser Solutions Magazine - MEMS technology
- DigitalOptics enlists Lite-On for MEMS camera production
- We left MWC impressed by the MEMS' (microelectromechanical system) 10ms settling time and are curious where this clever contraption could wind up. Speaking of which, Lite-On assures us that its "Chinese Smartphone customers" are interested. Show full ...
today Engadget - MEMS business
- Explosive nanotechnology: Highly reactive nanoenergetic formulations based on ...
- (Nanowerk News) Whether they are rocket propellants or fireworks, all explosives contain a fuel and an oxidizing agent. Sometimes both are in the same molecule, like in TNT; sometimes the explosive is a mixture, like Thermite. In mixtures, the smaller ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale Diamonds Levitated in a Laser Beam
- The additional knowledge these experiments could generate about optomechanical systems could be invaluable for future development of quantum conputing systems, MEMS-based devices (Micro Electromechanical Systems) or ultra-sensitive force sensors.
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Electron Beam Writer Critical for Development of Next-Generation Nanoscale ...
- The new electron beam writer housed in the Nano3 cleanroom facility at the Qualcomm Institute is important for electrical engineering professor Shadi Dayeh's two major areas of research. He is developing next-generation, nanoscale transistors for ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Optics: Nanotechnology's benefits brought into focus
- (Nanowerk News) Conventional lenses, made of shaped glass, are limited in how precisely they can redirect beams of incoming light and make them meet at a point. Now, a team led by Zhengtong Liu at the A*STAR Institute of High Performance Computing, ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
Currently, each vehicle has an average of 60-100 sensors on board. Because cars are rapidly getting "smarter" the number of sensors is projected to reach as many as 200 sensors per car by 2020. These numbers translate to approximately 22 billion sensors used in the automotive industry per year. This event will bring together leading experts in automotive sensors and electronics who will discuss business and technology issues, ongoing trends, and emerging applications.
- Enabling Nanofabrication for Rapid Innovation
- 2013-08-18 - 2013-08-21
- Shaping the Future of MEMS & Sensors
Santa Clara, CA
- MEMS Industry Group Workshop: MEMS and Sensors
University of Berkeley, CA
Enablers for the Internet of Things
- Automotive Sensors & Electronics Expo 2013
- Trillion Sensors Summit
- 2013-10-23 - 2013-10-25
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!
- 2013 3D ASIP
- 2013-12-11 - 2013-12-13
3D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging
- The 27th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2014-01-26 - 2014-01-30
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA