View Mailing Online
- Lytro-like camera tech takes a step closer to appearing in smartphones
- At Mobile World Congress this year, we had a good look at something called the Mems|cam from DigitalOptics, which is best described as a camera module which will bring Lytro-like focusing abilities to your smartphone. We got some hands-on time with a ...
today Digital Trends - MEMS technology
- Polaris i200 Laser
- ... to 1 MHz) offers M2 <1.5 and programmable burst mode operation. Applications include cutting, drilling, micromachining, cleaning and ablation. The series will offer conversions to 532- and 355-nm wavelengths as well as various scalable power versions.
yesterday Photonics.com - MEMS technology
- Silicon Designs – Low-noise MEMS accelerometers claim best-in-class ...
- Silicon Designs has announced the global market introduction of its model 1521 Series surface-mount accelerometer. The distinguishing feature of the series is its extremely durable design, which incorporates proprietary MEMS chip development and ...
yesterday Electropages (press release) - MEMS technology
- Piezophototronics makes highly sensitive skin-like sensor
- ... sensitive to touch than even human skin. It might be ideal in robotics applications, in next-generation touchscreen pads, for improved human-machine interfaces, biological imaging and optical microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) to name but a few.
today nanotechweb.org - MEMS technology
- Micro-printing process enables flexible, energy-efficient, biocompatible MEMS
- Researchers at Tel Aviv University (TAU) have kept the ball rolling with the development of a new micro-printing process that allows the production of flexible and energy-efficient microelectromechanical (MEMS) devices that can be safely used in the ...
2013-08-14 Gizmag - MEMS technology
- Endoscopic swept-source optical coherence tomography based on ...
- A microelectromechanical system (MEMS) mirror based endoscopic swept-source optical coherence tomography (SS-OCT) system that can perform three-dimensional (3-D) imaging at high speed is reported. The key ...
SPIE | Journal yesterday - MEMS technology
- Carbyne: A new form of carbon that's stronger than graphene
- This property could lead to some interesting uses in microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). By adding different molecules to the end of a carbyne chain, such as a methylene (CH2) group, carbyne can also be twisted — much like a strand of DNA — again ...
yesterday ExtremeTech - MEMS technology
- MEMS Sensor Strengthens Shock Tolerance
- Designed for high-rate angular velocity, the microelectromechanical system (MEMS) sensor uses a resonating gyro to discern angular rates by measuring deflections in the sensing element that occur when rotational forces are applied. Features of the ...
yesterday Electronic Design - MEMS technology
- Micromechanical Analysis of Biological Cell Membranes
- FemtoTools' microrobotic handling and measurement instruments feature highly sensitive microforce sensing probes and force sensing microgrippers that are the result of a specially developed microelectromechanical system (MEMS)-based manufacturing ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- MEMS/cmos process to replace quartz oscillators?
- Meanwhile, the industry was beginning to look at MEMS technology as a potential replacement for quartz, with companies such as Discera, SiTime and Epson undertaking some of the early work. Also making inroads into the technology was IDT with its ...
yesterday New Electronics - MEMS technology
- MEMS for Cell Phones and Tablets
- MEMS devices are proliferating in mobile devices. We count 25+ sensors and actuators in production or in development for mobile applications, including MEMS accelerometers, MEMS gyroscopes, magnetometers, 6-axis e-compasses, 6-axis IMU combos, ...
today Consumer Electronics Net - MEMS business
- MEMS vendors gear up for growing demand for portable devices
- STMicroelectronics, Bosch and InvenSense are gearing up to meet the demand from new Windows 8 devices, as well as tablets and smartphones slated for release in the second half of 2013, according to industry sources.
yesterday - MEMS business
- Guest Blog – MEMS New Product Development, Critical Design and ...
- David DiPaola, DiPaola Consulting, LLC, www.dceams.com The fourth article of the MEMS new product development blog is Part 2 of the critical design and process steps that lead to successful prototypes. In the last article, ...
MEMS Industry Group yesterday - MEMS business
- Researchers Examine Liquid Metal at Nanoscale
- Image: New Jersey Institute of Technology Two New Jersey Institute of Technology researchers have demonstrated that — using a continuum-based approach — they can explain the dynamics of liquid metal particles on a substrate of a nanoscale. The work ...
yesterday Laboratory Equipment - Nanotechnology
- Cross-sectional imaging of graphene-based devices
- After microfabrication5 and electron transport measurements, we used focused ion beam milling to extract thin cross-sectional slices from the active region of each device. A sample preparation approach known as the lift-out method was used: see Figure ...
2013-08-14 SPIE Newsroom - Nanotechnology
- ORNL finding goes beyond surface of oxide films
- Better batteries, catalysts, electronic information storage and processing devices are among potential benefits of an unexpected discovery made by Oak Ridge National Laboratory scientists using samples isolated from the atmosphere.
2013-08-14 Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- 'Plasmofluidic' Lens is Tunable, Reconfigurable
- PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 16, 2013 — Laser-induced bubbles on a metal film are the first demonstration of a plasmonic lens in a microfluidic environment, report engineers at the University of Pennsylvania. The unique integration of plasmonics and ...
today Photonics.com - Nanotechnology
- Explosive nanotechnology: Highly reactive nanoenergetic ... - Phys
- (Phys.org) —Whether they are rocket propellants or fireworks, all explosives contain a fuel and an oxidizing agent. Sometimes both are in the same molecule, like in TNT; sometimes the explosive is a mixture, like Thermite.
2013-08-14 - Nanotechnology
- Enabling Nanofabrication for Rapid Innovation
- 2013-08-18 - 2013-08-21
- Shaping the Future of MEMS & Sensors
Santa Clara, CA
- MEMS Industry Group Workshop: MEMS and Sensors
University of Berkeley, CA
Enablers for the Internet of Things
- Automotive Sensors & Electronics Expo 2013
- Trillion Sensors Summit
- 2013-10-23 - 2013-10-25
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!
- 2013 3D ASIP
- 2013-12-11 - 2013-12-13
3D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging
- The 27th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2014-01-26 - 2014-01-30
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA