View Mailing Online
- Unique Liquid Aids Micro Rockets
- To get around the problem, King and his team have developed an elegant strategy: eliminate the expensive and tedious microfabrication required to make the needles by letting Mother Nature take care of the assembly. “We're working with a unique type of ...
today Laboratory Equipment - MEMS technology
- DARPA Chief And Intel Fellow: Moore's Law Is Ending Soon
- Moore's Law is the empirically true point that the number of transistors on any available piece of silicon will double every 18 months. At first it was just an observation but it's one that has held true for the past half century. That it has done so has led some to believe that it will carry on forever but this almost certainly isn't true...
today Forbes - MEMS technology
- New tools for measurement of energy harvesting
- ... and the power requirements and outputs of Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) devices, will also be revealed, as will tools and models to measure electrical and thermal properties of nanomaterial harvesters and their coupling down to the nanoscale.
today E&T magazine - MEMS technology
- Measurement of Mechanical Properties of Protein Fibers
- FemtoTools' microrobotic handling and measurement instruments feature highly sensitive microforce sensing probes and force sensing microgrippers that are the result of a specially developed microelectromechanical system (MEMS)-based manufacturing ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- Grayscale technique opens third dimension for nanoscale lithography
- Engineers at the NIST Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNST) have developed a new technique for fabricating high aspect ratio three-dimensional (3-D) nanostructures over large device areas using a combination of electron beam (e-beam) ...
today R & D Magazine - MEMS technology
- Nanojems Engraves First Million Digits of Pi on Sapphire Crystal with Gold
- Nanojems, a Reno-based microfabrication firm, has just engraved the first million digits of pi on sapphire crystal with gold. The engraving contains 200 times more digits than any other known engraving and is a landmark feat for the never-ending constant.
yesterday AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- TowerJazz announces creation and accreditation of Jazz Semiconductor Trusted ...
- JSTF joins a small list of companies accredited by the DoD Trusted Foundry Program, established to ensure the integrity of the people and processes used to deliver national security critical microelectronic components, and administered by the DoD's ...
yesterday CIOL - MEMS business
- Emerging MEMS will account for 10% of the value of the total MEMS business by ...
- Innovation in MEMS no longer comes solely from new devices, but also from the integration of mature MEMS technologies into new applications. Along with mature devices used for new applications, innovation in new MEMS devices is still active and will ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Nanotechnology T-Shirt to replace batteries? Towards wearable energy storage
- (Nanowerk Spotlight) If current research is an indicator, wearable electronics will go far beyond just very small electronic devices or wearable, flexible computers. Not only will these devices be embedded in textile substrates but an electronics ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- ZEISS speeds nanoscale X-ray imaging by a factor of ten
- ZEISS is introducing a new X-ray microscopy (XRM) solution that increases throughput for three-dimensional imaging at the nanoscale by up to 10 times. Using a series of technical innovations to achieve better contrast, and in turn faster acquisition ...
today Industry Today (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Fracture Analysis of Silicon Nanowire for NEMS - In-Situ Nanomanipulation with ...
- Nanowire resonators exhibit high resonant frequencies and quality factors, which enable these nano-electromechanical systems (NEMS) of high interest to be served as resonators and switches in a myriad of applications. The pull-in and resonator ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Silent labs for futuristic nanotechnology
- Scientists can now experiment at the atomic scale with unprecedented accuracy in new 'silent' laboratories in Switzerland. These labs are shielded against all possible forms of background disturbances – external vibrations, acoustic noise ...
yesterday Chemistry World - Nanotechnology
- Researchers alter molecular properties in a nanotechnology way
- (Nanowerk News) In their search for molecules with certain characteristics, chemists have produced millions of new, increasingly complex synthetic materials by altering molecules' chemical structures. Taking cues from nature, Northwestern University ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- Shaping the Future of MEMS & Sensors
Santa Clara, CA
- MEMS Industry Group Workshop: MEMS and Sensors
University of Berkeley, CA
Enablers for the Internet of Things
- Automotive Sensors & Electronics Expo 2013
- Trillion Sensors Summit
- 2013-10-23 - 2013-10-25
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!
- 2013 3D ASIP
- 2013-12-11 - 2013-12-13
3D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging
- The 27th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2014-01-26 - 2014-01-30
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA