View Mailing Online
- Teardown reveals US-made Moto X cost comparable to Asian-assembled ...
- The Moto X also uses microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) microphones from Wolfson Microphones, marking the first time that IHS has seen these parts from this supplier in any product. Wolfson's forte in the past was audio codec chips. The Moto X ...
2013-09-01 Electronics News - MEMS technology
- MEMS developer looks to oust quartz crystals from range of applications
- Sand 9 has launched MEMS based timing products designed specifically to meet the requirements of high volume mobile applications, such as 3G/4G mobile and GPS/GNSS, as well as low power wireless connectivity applications such as Bluetooth Smart.
today New Electronics - MEMS technology
- Measurement Specialties' New MEMS-Based High Temperature Accelerometer ...
- The new MEMS-based 4604HT features an amplified output as well as critical dampening to a -80 dB/decade response attenuation for excellent high frequency signal suppression and improved measurement accuracy. The signal-conditioned unit offers an ...
2013-08-31 AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- MEMS accelerometer provides full scale range up to ±18g
- STMicroelectronics' new three axis MEMS accelerometer, the LIS344AHH, is designed to enhance gaming, user interface and augmented reality experiences - as well as industrial controls and impact monitoring - by providing a large, full scale range of up ...
yesterday New Electronics - MEMS technology
- Written by E. Jan Vardaman
- The promise of 3D interconnect with through silicon vias (TSV) will dramatically improve the performance of mobile products. Companies that supply devices for wireless applications see 3D ICs with TSV as a potential solution to the requirements for ...
today Printed Circuit Design & Fab - MEMS technology
- Origami MEMS motors to improve mobile phone cameras
- According to New Scientist, UK company 1 Limited is developing tiny motors made from piezoelectric ceramic materials that could provide zoom and focus features to inexpensive mobile phone cameras. A .1 mm sheet of piezoelectric ceramic is cut and ...
yesterday Boing Boing - MEMS technology
- Measurement Specialties Acquires Sensotherm
- MEAS uses multiple advanced technologies -- piezo-resistive silicon sensors, application-specific integrated circuits, micro-electromechanical systems ("MEMS"), piezoelectric polymers, foil strain gauges, force balance systems, fluid capacitive devices ...
today Wall Street Journal - MEMS business
- Imec and Veeco Announce Collaboration in GaN-on-Si Devices for LED and ...
- We are the market leader in MOCVD, MBE, Ion Beam and other advanced thin film process technologies. Our high performance systems drive innovation in energy efficiency, consumer electronics and network storage and allow our customers to maximize ...
today DailyFinance - MEMS business
- MEMS and Sensors Summit Brings Industry Leaders Together to Share ...
- GENEVA, SWITZERLAND--(Marketwired - Sep 3, 2013) - STMicroelectronics ( NYSE : STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, is joining with sponsors Berkeley Sensor and Actuator Center, ...
today Marketwire (press release) - MEMS business
- Dow Corning Joins EV Group's Open Platform For Temporary Bonding Materials ...
- 3D-IC integration promises to significantly improve the form factor, bandwidth and functionality of microelectronic devices by enabling once-horizontal chip structures to be fabricated into vertical architectures. However, this revolutionary new ...
today Sacramento Bee - MEMS business
- STMicroelectronics drives IoT growth with MEMS and wireless
- “There are three key areas in MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) helping to drive the Internet of Things: motion; acoustic; and environmental sensors such as humidity, pressure, chemical and infrared,” said Benedetto Vigna, Executive Vice ...
yesterday Ferret - MEMS business
- Novel Optoelectronic Technique May Help Improve Nanomaterial-Based ...
- Sunlight absorbed by organic solar cells must first navigate a nanoscale gauntlet before becoming useable electricity. After hitting the light-absorbing material of the solar cell, called the photoactive layer, absorbed sunlight excites electrons ...
2013-08-31 AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Butterfly inspires new nanotechnology
- By mimicking microscopic structures in the wings of a butterfly, an international research team has developed a device smaller than the width of a human hair that could make optical communication faster and more secure. The researchers, from Swinburne ...
yesterday Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Breakthrough in nanotechnology sensing
- (Nanowerk News) Researchers have made a breakthrough discovery in identifying the world's most sensitive nanoparticle and measuring it from a distance using light. These super-bright, photostable and background-free nanocrystals enable a new ...
2013-09-01 Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- What does it take to ensure robust manufacturing at the nanoscale?
- Nanomanufacturing is the bridge that carries the breakthroughs in nanoscience across from the lab into the market as real-world devices, but if a product cannot be measured then it can't be mass produced – nanometrology is essential to ensure robust ...
2013-08-30 nanotechweb.org - Nanotech business
The TSensors Summit is an event being organized as a forum for world sensor visionaries to present their views on which sensor applications and sensor types have potential to fuel sensor market growth to trillions by 2023, and why. Their visions will form a foundation for a Trillion Sensor Roadmap, which sensor experts consider instrumental in acceleration of development and commercialization of sensors supporting global changes in the coming decade, thus accelerating Abundance.
- Shaping the Future of MEMS & Sensors
Santa Clara, CA
- MEMS Industry Group Workshop: MEMS and Sensors
University of Berkeley, CA
Enablers for the Internet of Things
- Automotive Sensors & Electronics Expo 2013
- Trillion Sensors Summit
- 2013-10-23 - 2013-10-25
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!
- 2013 3D ASIP
- 2013-12-11 - 2013-12-13
3D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging
- The 27th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2014-01-26 - 2014-01-30
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA