View Mailing Online
- Friction at the Atomic Scale
- ... sliding contact can eventually be predicted and controlled. A better understanding of friction will benefit applications ranging from the study of geological faults to the prediction of wear in automobile components or microelectromechanical ...
yesterday Physics - MEMS technology
- Microfluidics: The next wave of disruptive technology in radiochemistry?
- Microfluidic technology may offer faster and more controlled ways to produce radiotracers for medical imaging, including studies into Parkinson's disease, thanks to a first of its kind approach in the Southern Hemisphere at ANSTO. Positron Emission ...
today Medical Xpress - MEMS technology
- Digi-key - First nine-axis MEMS motion tracker for high-performance consumer ...
- Now available from Digi-Key InvenSense's MPU-9150 is the world's first nine-axis MotionTracking device designed for the low-power, low-cost, and high-performance requirements of consumer electronics equipment including smartphones, tablets, and ...
today Electropages (press release) - MEMS technology
- New Lens Combines Human, Insect Vision to Focus Wide-Angle Views
- Engineers described the patent-pending lens in the Technical Digest of the 25th IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems. “Our eye can change focus. An insect eye is made of many small optical components that can't change ...
today Laboratory Equipment - MEMS technology
- Microfluidics technique recovers DNA for identification
- A laboratory technician pipettes dirt dissolved in a buffer solution from which DNA will be recovered A team of researchers at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA, Alexandria, Va.) ...
yesterday R & D Magazine - MEMS technology
- TSMC validates Mentor tools for 3D stacking
- Mentor's Olympus-SoC place and route tool implements physical design for both silicon interposer- and TSV-based designs with support for cross-die bump mapping and checking; TSV, microbump, and backside metal routing; and copper pillar bump ...
today ElectronicsWeekly.com - MEMS business
- Will Motion Sensor Maker InvenSense Get Apple Slice?
- InvenSense MotionTracking solutions combine different kinds of motion sensors in a single-chip solution to power these intuitive motion- and gesture-based interfaces. The micro-electromechanical system-based sensors, such as a gyroscope, accelerometer ...
yesterday Investor's Business Daily - MEMS business
- Container's material properties affect the viscosity of water at the nanoscale
- Georgia Tech associate professor Elisa Riedo poses with a glass water bottle and a plastic water bottle. While container materials don't significantly affect the rate at which water pours from bottles of this size, a new study shows that the properties ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Research Opens New Window into Nanoscale Neuronal Activity
- A new technique that allows scientists to measure the electrical activity in the communication junctions of the nervous systems has been developed by a researcher at Queen Mary University of London. The junctions in the central nervous systems that ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Breakthrough in sensing at the nanoscale
- Researchers have made a breakthrough discovery in identifying the world's most sensitive nanoparticle and measuring it from a distance using light. These super-bright, photostable and background-free nanocrystals enable a new approach to highly ...
yesterday Space Daily - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale cork used for 'message in a bottle' drug delivery system
- You may have never actually found a message in a bottle, but the imagery is instantly recognisable, corked within our collective consciousness. Now an international team of scientists have taken the idea, miniaturised it, and created a nanoscale corked ...
today Wired.co.uk - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology manufacturers: Graphene
- (Nanowerk Spotlight) An increasing number of companies is involved in commercializing graphene on an industrial scale although the high cost of graphene is one of the major obstacles to its widespread adoption for commercial applications. Technology ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotech business
The TSensors Summit is an event being organized as a forum for world sensor visionaries to present their views on which sensor applications and sensor types have potential to fuel sensor market growth to trillions by 2023, and why. Their visions will form a foundation for a Trillion Sensor Roadmap, which sensor experts consider instrumental in acceleration of development and commercialization of sensors supporting global changes in the coming decade, thus accelerating Abundance.
- Automotive Sensors & Electronics Expo 2013
- Trillion Sensors Summit
- 2013-10-23 - 2013-10-25
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- MEMS in Motion Collaboration Summit
- 2013-11-04 - 2013-11-06
Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa Hotel, CA, USA
A networking-focused event exclusively for inertial devices
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!
- 2013 3D ASIP
- 2013-12-11 - 2013-12-13
3D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging
- The 27th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2014-01-26 - 2014-01-30
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA
- The 9th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems
- 2014-04-13 - 2014-04-16
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA