View Mailing Online
- ATC Introduces the 400S Precision Tolerance NPO RF Microwave SMT Capacitor
- The 400S Series has been designed and manufactured with the highest quality materials and a precision thin film process to provide reliable and repeatable performance. This unique component offers the tightest tolerances available (+/- 0.02 pF), as ...
today Wall Street Journal - MEMS technology
- Tiny sensors put the squeeze on light
- Microelectromechanical systems, known as MEMS, are ubiquitous in modern military systems such as gyroscopes for navigation, tiny microphones for lightweight radios, and medical biosensors for assessing the wounded. Such applications benefit from the ...
today Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- Soon, take the recharge pain out of cell phones batteries
- The super-capacitor designed by material scientists at Vanderbilt University is the first made out of silicon so it can be built into a silicon chip along with the microelectronic circuitry that it powers. It should be possible to construct these power ...
today Financial Express - MEMS technology
- Watch 'Intelligent' Blobs Sort Themselves by Surface Tension
- They even use the blobs to make simple machines that produce circular motion, oscillations or one machine that sorts blobs by surface tension. That has implications for technologies such as microfluidics in which chemicals are pumped through ...
yesterday MIT Technology Review - MEMS technology
- Microfabrication inspired by Lego
- In a paper last year in the Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering ("Silicon micro-masonry using elastomeric stamps for three-dimensional microfabrication"), a team of researchers from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have ...
today Nanowerk - MEMS technology
- Uniform Coatings exhibit high laser damage threshold.
- High damage thresholds are extremely critical for many of today's laser applications, including laser cutting, laser machining, micromachining, laser drilling, and laser welding. For more information on DSI's new high LDT coatings, please visit www ...
today ThomasNet News (press release) - MEMS technology
- Soitec, One Step Closer to 45% of the Sun With New PV Cell
- “Besides improved materials and optimization of the structure, a new procedure called wafer bonding plays a central role,” Dimroth explained. “With this technology, we are able to connect two semiconductor crystals, which otherwise cannot be grown on ...
today Clean Energy Authority - MEMS business
- Power Week in Review: EV Body Panel Batteries, V2G Forecast & More
- Combining carbon fibers and a polymer resin to create an advanced nanomaterial and structural super supercapacitors, the material can be molded and formed to fit around a car's frame and is recharged via regenerative braking or a mains electrical grid.
today EE Times - Nanotechnology
- New and verified computer model improves machining of nanoscale ...
- At the nanoscale, brittle materials exhibit a certain degree of plasticity. Each material has a particular depth of cut that allows clean shearing to occur without chipping or fracturing on, or beneath, its surface. This point, known as the critical ...
yesterday Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale “LEGO” Setup of Aluminum Studs Improves Solar Cell Efficiency
- LEGO inspires solar cell design 300x199 Nanoscale LEGO Setup of Aluminum Studs Improves Solar Cell Efficiency Most often, precious metals like gold and silver are used in solar cell efficiency. Now, an international research team has found that ...
yesterday The Green Optimistic - Nanotechnology
- Grant Funds Development of Nanoscale Additive Mfg.
- A new Department of Energy grant will fund research to advance an additive manufacturing technique for fabricating 3D nanoscale structures from a variety of materials. Using high-speed, thermally-energized jets to deliver both precursor materials and ...
yesterday Today's Medical Developments - Nanotech business
The AVS International Symposium and Exhibition addresses cutting-edge issues associated with materials, processing, and interfaces in both the research and manufacturing communities. The weeklong Symposium fosters a multidisciplinary environment that cuts across traditional boundaries between disciplines, featuring papers from AVS technical divisions, technology groups, and focus topics on emerging technologies. The equipment exhibition is one of the largest in the world and provides an excellent opportunity to view the latest products and services offered by over 200 participating companies. More than 2,000 scientists and engineers gather from around the world to attend.
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Flexible MEMS Solutions
Online 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM ET
Michelle Bourke, Business Group Director, Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology
- MEMS in Motion Collaboration Summit
- 2013-11-04 - 2013-11-06
Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa Hotel, CA, USA
A networking-focused event exclusively for inertial devices
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!
- Manufacturing Trends for Consumer Inertial MEMS
Online 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM ET
Laurent Robin, Activity Leader Inertial MEMS Devices & Technologies, Yole Developpement & Michael McLaughlin, Business Development - Yole Inc.
- 2013 3D ASIP
- 2013-12-11 - 2013-12-13
3D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging
- The 27th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2014-01-26 - 2014-01-30
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA
- The 9th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems
- 2014-04-13 - 2014-04-16
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA